WHO WE ARE
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs is Kentucky’s premier entertainment destination. The Mint takes pride in giving guests a one-of-a-kind gaming experience, with over 1000 all-new gaming machines, center bar, high-limit room, live horse-racing, simulcast betting, dining and more to come as we expand! The Mint Gaming Hall offers excellent service, fun, and entertainment, located just across the Kentucky state line outside of Nashville off I-65. Join our team and let’s grow together!
JOB SUMMARY: The Bar Back provides direct assistance to the Beverage team. The Bar Back facilitates the success of beverage servers and all bartenders in providing premier service to guests by stocking, servicing and supplying items requested by the team in a timely and efficient manner.
SCOPE: The Bar Back will facilitate beverage service, replenishing supply of liquor, beer and wine. The ability to locate items requested, to maintain adequate inventory would be key in the success of premier guest service provided. Must possess communication skills and the ability to demonstrate good judgement to include seeking management’s assistance as needed.
- The ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
- Locate items requested by guests, bartenders and beverage servers in an efficient and timely manner.
- Fill, deliver and maintain adequate ice needed for service.
- The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors.
- The ability to work safely. This includes clearly understanding and following company safety policies and procedures, completing work in a safe manner, caring about safety of self and others, responding appropriately in an emergency, and reporting unsafe conditions.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beer, and non-alcoholic selections available within the outlet.
- Working knowledge of designated areas that store all liquor, beer and non-alcoholic selections.
- Maintain product inventory and supplies including all liquors, beers, wines, mixes, glassware, ice, and miscellaneous bar supplies throughout shift.
- Maintain regular attendance at scheduled shift and staff meetings
- Bus and service guests through the shift ensuring a visually appealing environment.
- Maintain professionalism and a friendly and approachable demeanor throughout the shift.
- Assist with training/mentoring of new team members as requested.
- Maintain all appearance standards in accordance with established uniform and appearance guidelines and have good personal hygiene.
- Inform manager on duty of any irregularities and unusual situations when they occur
- Ensure compliance with Company and State alcohol service and identification policies.
- Ability to keep a friendly, calm, and helpful demeanor in high-stress situations and a continuously fast-paced environment.
- Is honest in all interactions and displays a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervisor or as part of a team is required.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
KEY SUCCESS INDICATORS: Must demonstrate the ability to successfully represent the company and the brand in all interactions. Exceptional hospitality, friendliness and professionalism are the standard. Highly motivated, self-directed and an organized approach to the role is key. Adapts and thrives in a demanding and fast paced environment.
OTHER DUTIES: The content of this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) preferred.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, this includes day, swing, late-night, weekend, and holiday shifts as scheduled.
- Must be able to obtain required work cards, alcohol awareness cards and non-gaming registration as required by the local jurisdiction.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move in and around the work area throughout the entire workday.
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to repeat the same movements.
- Must be able to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body.
- Must be able to engage and interact with all guests appropriately and work well under the pressure of a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to successfully communicate on a regular basis with all co-workers, vendors, and guests.
- Must be able to answer all inquiries and provide assistance and information in a professional and accurate manner.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, twist, balance, and work at a bar; to include ability to tolerate changes in temperature.
- Must be able to work in environment where smoking is permitted and can be loud with guest chatter, overhead music, and live entertainment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols and eye hand coordination.