Job title: Cocktail Server (Floor & Bar)
Place of work: Bar & Designated Area
Scope and general purpose of job: To serve beverages to guests and provide friendly service in order to maximize guest satisfaction consistent with established standards.
Responsible to: Beverage Manager & Beverage Supervisor
- Punctuality: to report for duty 15 minutes before the commencement of the shift.
- Attendance: to maintain the correct level of attendance. Continuous absenteeism will not be tolerated as it affects colleagues and the whole operation.
- Appearance: to maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene at all times in accordance with the procedures and the requirements of the company.
- Cooperation: to cooperate with staff, colleagues, and superiors at all times.
- Communication: to communicate constantly with F&B Supervisor, other departmental staff, other supervisors, managers, and superiors with regard to matters arising on the floor.
- Security: to maintain close surveillance over the F&B area in order to detect any irregularities on the equipment, patrons, or staff, and any potentially dangerous situations, and report such matters to security and management.
- To assist in floor duties when required.
- To have a complete understanding of the property’s employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within.
- To post promptly all complimentary charges after having ensured that the approver’s signature is legible and appropriate.
- To handle payments by credit cards in accordance with the prescribed procedures.
- To be aware of those guests who are on a 'Complimentary' basis.
- To obtain and account for the correct settlement of all sales.
- To act as a bartender/cashier when necessary.
- To serve beverage orders accordingly to the established service sequences and procedures in the operation manual.
- To provide high standard of quality and speedy service in the designated area.
- To ensure all guest occupied table area maintained to the appropriate standards of cleanliness.
- To prepare prep area and perform side duties.
- To bus and maintain all appropriate areas to the correct standards (collection of dirty glasses).
- To collect all general requisitions and beverage requisitions.
- To ensure that the beverage presentations are adhered to according to the standard set by the property.
- To fold napkins or perform any other side duties.
- To assist in opening and closing procedures established for the outlet including restocking of food, beverage, miscellaneous stock, etc.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all beverage items in the menu.
- To fully understand and adhere to the operation manual.
- To answer all telephone calls and inquiries when necessary.
- To take effectively control the flow of guests in the bar ensuring maximum turnover.
- To perform pre-checking functions.
- To ensure that the service station, bar counter, designated area, and surrounding areas are kept clean and organized at all times.
- Continuously walk the floor to serve complimentary drinks to the patrons and collect empty glasses.
- To monitor operating supplies and reduce spoilage and wastage.
- To assist in carrying out inventory of operating equipment as per schedule and assist with monthly par stock checks.
- To be present in the bar/floor at all times during operational periods.
- To up sell whenever possible by helping and advising the guest in his/her choice according to the established standards.
- Undertake limited technical duties and/or repairs under supervision.
- Ensure optimum operation and minimal down time by reporting any malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of equipment operation.
- Responsible and accountable for all keys issued to him whilst on duty
- Must not carry out major technical repairs.
- To ensure high standards of workmanship and enforce the procedures, rules, and policies of the department and the company.
- To help training new servers in all procedures as required or directed by superiors.
- To have a complete knowledge of property amenities available to customers.
- To be polite at all times and pay attention to customers’ needs.
- Create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- To diplomatically deal with issues when requested.
- Answer promptly any calls for assistance from customers and assist them in any way possible.
- Deal with customer disputes and complaints in a diplomatic and professional manner and refer any unsettled disputes to the Beverage Supervisor and Beverage Manager.
To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.