Restaurant Assistant Manager
- To ensure that the all operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established by the company.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
- To conduct daily pre-shift briefings to employees on preparation, service, menu, grooming and customer requirements.
- To be a hands-on manager by assisting in the operations during busy periods, taking orders and serving.
- To establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies and to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To control the purchases, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
- To ensure that the outlet cashiering procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To follow up closely on the sales analysis in order to suggest changes to maximize the revenue.
- To submit all guest/staff incident reports to the Beverage Manager.
- To report "lost and found" items to Security.
- To attend all meetings as requested.
- Ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals and Job Descriptions are up-to-date.
- To train subordinates in order to conform to minimum standards, policies and procedures.
- To manage, direct and supervise all departmental staff.
- To produce and control staff schedules, in adherence with the business demand.
- To control that the staff in performing their duties.
- To coordinate breaks for all staff.
- To be responsible for the adequate facilities and training of all staff.
- To coordinate tasks and delegate work to supervisors.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager conducting the yearly regular appraisals on staff.
- To recommend to the Restaurant Manager staff with potential for promotion and record their progress.
- To conduct interviews with applicants for positions within the department.
- To ensure that quality staff are recruited and maintained at all levels.
- To ensure that annual leave schedules are adhered to and planned for in advance.
- To enforce and oversee that disciplinary and grievance procedures are adhered to, in accordance with company policy.
- To analyze and coordinate working schedules to maximize productivity and efficiency of staff.
- To have a complete knowledge of all amenities available to customers.
- To ensure that staff maintain a pleasant and friendly attitude at all times.
- To ensure that the staff adheres to the grooming procedure established by the company.
- To ensure that all beverage areas are adequately staffed at all times.
- To ensure that work areas are kept clean and that all necessary supplies are available to the staff.
- To deal with customer conflicts in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- To constantly reevaluate ways to meet customer needs.
- To maintain a professional image at all times.
- To ensure, through effective supervision, that all services offered by the beverage personnel are carried out with the utmost efficiency, professionalism and courtesy.
- To ensure that staff maintains a pleasant, friendly and welcoming attitude at all times.
- Able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays