The Kentucky Downs Racing Office will open on Monday, August 25th.
Any horsemen with questions prior to the Racing Office opening can call the Ellis Park Racing Office at (812)423-0372 and ask for Tyler Picklesimer.
Racing License application can be found on Kentucky Horse Racing Commission website or by calling the Commission office at 859-246-2040
Stabling – Horses are not allowed to stable on the grounds or train on the racetrack during the race meet. They are allowed to contact the Stall Superintendent to make special arrangements if they need to bring their horses in the night before their race.
Section 6. Furosemide Use on Race Day:
- Furosemide may be administered, in accordance with this section, to a horse that is entered to compete in a race.
- The commission veterinarian shall administer furosemide prior to a race.
- Furosemide may be used under the following circumstances:
- (a) Furosemide shall be administered at a location under the jurisdiction of the commission, by a single intravenous injection, not less than four (4) hours prior to post time for the race in which the horse is entered.
- (b) The furosemide dosage administered shall not exceed 500 mg, nor be less than 150 mg.
- The initial cost of administering the furosemide shall be twenty (20) dollars per administration.
The Horsemen’s Bookkeeper will collect the Salix administration fee from the owner’s account. For previous year statements and account inquiry, please contact our Horsemen’s bookkeeper at 270.598.9827
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS AND OTHER REGULATIONS YOU MAY REFER TO THE KHRC WEBSITE: www.khrc.ky.gov