Bookkeeper's number is (270) 598-9827
2020 KHRC License Application
2020 Horsemen Protocol
• Instate “Race and Return” – onsite temp check. Provided they have not left KY.
• Anyone staying on site overnight must show evidence of a negative Covid test within 72 hours prior to arrival.
• Anyone racing outside of KY must submit a negative Covid test within 72 hours of arrival.
Out of State Horsemen:
• Must provide negative Covid test within 72 hours of arrival.
• Once established in KY and leave the state you must submit a second negative test within 72 hours of arrival.
• Out of state Jockeys will be required to show a negative test 72 hours prior to departure. Additionally they must show a second negative test once they arrive in KY.
• Jockeys Riding at CD during Derby Week – CD Covid tests will be honored.
• Jockeys within KY (Not riding Derby Week) – will be required to show a negative Covid test within 72 hours of arrival.
• No Jockey family members or guests will be allowed in the restricted Jockeys area.
- No Test needed for Owners
- On-site Temp Check
- Finish Line
- *6 seats per horse (includes trainer)
- Must show license in order to gain access
- No owners in the saddling paddock
- 4 owners in winners circle photo (with mask)
- No Children
Officials working CD: - CD Covid test will be honored (with Daily Temp Check).
Officials not working CD or coming from out of state: – Negitive Covid test within 72 hours of arrival and Daily Temp Check.
Click Here to view our 2020 Condition Book.
All photos can be purchased at Coady Photography - Click here to be directed to their site
All race DVD's can be purchased dicectly from International Sound Corp
Phone: 410.484.2244 - Or you may click here to be directed to their site
Horses are not allowed to stable on the grounds or train on the racetrack during the race meet. They are allowed to contact the Stall Superintendent to make special arrangements if they need to bring their horses in the night before their race.
Section 6. Furosemide Use on Race Day:
- Furosemide may be administered, in accordance with this section, to a horse that is entered to compete in a race.
- The commission veterinarian shall administer furosemide prior to a race.
- Furosemide may be used under the following circumstances:
- Furosemide shall be administered at a location under the jurisdiction of the commission, by a single intravenous injection, not less than four (4) hours prior to post time for the race in which the horse is entered.
- The furosemide dosage administered shall not exceed 500 mg, nor be less than 150 mg.
- The initial cost of administering the furosemide shall be twenty (20) dollars per administration.
The Horsemen’s Bookkeeper will collect the Lalix administration fee from the owner’s account. For previous year statements and account inquiry, please contact our Horsemen’s bookkeeper at 270.598.9827
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS AND OTHER REGULATIONS, YOU MAY REFER TO THE KHRC WEBSITE: www.khrc.ky.gov